Graduate Studies Option
You must be enrolled in a residency and M.Sc. or Ph.D. program to pursue the Graduate Studies option through the CIP
Post-Graduate Studies Option
You must have completed a graduate program previously (M.Sc. or Ph.D.) to undertake the CIP Post-Graduate studies option.
Selection criteria for admission to the University of Ottawa Postgraduate Clinician Investigator Program
STEP 1: Application to CIP
Applicants to the CIP will be rated according to the following:
- Strength of the research proposal
- Strength of the research environment
- Resident’s track record in research based on CV and publications
- Letters of support from:
- Clinical Program Director
- Proposed research supervisor
- Previous research supervisor or a faculty member who can speak to the resident’s potential in research
STEP 2: Financial Support Plan
For applicants approved for placement in the CIP, their clinical Program Director or delegate must meet with University of Ottawa PGME Finance to confirm details of funding needed to support the resident during their time in CIP.
- In addition to a guarantee of financial support from the department for the duration of CIP participation, special considerations need to be made to ensure funding is available for potential periods of leave (up to an additional year) that may occur while in the CIP.
- Only after PGME Finance has approved the funding support plan from the resident’s home department will a position in the CIP be awarded.
Send your completed application to:
Clinician Investigator Program
c/o Dr. Paul MacPherson
TOH – General Campus 501 Smyth Rd, FF39, Box 223
Ottawa, ON K1H 8L6
Phone: (613) 737-8899 x73896 Fax: (613) 739-6885