The CIP Residency Program Committee is a standing committee that works with the Program Director to oversee, coordinate and revise the clinician investigator program in accordance with:
a) The Royal College Specialty Resident Training Requirements
b) The University of Ottawa Office of Post Graduate Medical Education
c) Local CIP policies
The composition of the CIP RPC is governed by the Royal College Standards of Accreditation and is composed of the Program Director, the Vice Dean PGME ex-officio, the Vice Dean Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies plus key stakeholers namely representatives from the clinical departments and academic units that oversee training of the residents as well as the residents themselves. Representatives from the clinical departments will be nominated by their Department Heads. Historically, the majority of CIP residents have come from the two most research intensive departments, Medicine and Surgery, and so these departments will continue to have standing representation. Additional members may be added for a 2-4 year term depending on the training requirements of residents in a given period.
A. The Program Director will hold a Royal College certification and must be a clinician investigator/scientist and hold an academic faculty position (Assistant Professor or higher) within the uOttawa Faculty of Medicine.
B. The RPC standing committee shall be comprise of the following voting members:
1. Program Director (Chair)
2. Vice Dean PGME (ex-officio)
3. Vice Dean Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
4. Representative, Dept of Medicine
5. Representative, Dept of Surgery
6. Graduate Program Director (or delegate), School of Epidemiology & Public Health
7. Graduate Program Director (or delegate), Cell and Molecular Medicine
8. Associate Scientific Director of Training, The Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
9. CIP Chief Resident
C. Additional voting members may be added depending on the training requirements of residents in the CIP in a given period and may include any of:
1. Representative from a resident’s clinical training department
2. Representative from a resident’s graduate program
3. Representative from a relevant research institute.